Our Mission and Purpose
- Providing a safe place for social inclusion and friendship thereby having a regular Cellar ‘family’.
- Giving special affection and concern for those with a handicap or special needs.
- Offering practical help and support for the mentally ill.
- Befriending the lonely.
- Social outreach in the community and serving the local community – helping it to get back to life after lockdown.
- Serving the local churches in positive and practical ways,
- serving collaboratively with Waverley BC is now a reality and most importantly serving the vulnerable within the town.
- Being a referral point from local GPs for those in circumstantial crisis or acute distress.
At our previous home we operated an Art Group and had the opportunity to attend Watts gallery in Compton for workshops, and their work was displayed in the annual Big Issues exhibition. We are hoping to re-launch this once things get back to ‘normal’.
Street Ministry – music – prayer - praise
On Saturdays around 12:30, there is often music outside our new home or in Crown Court for all to enjoy – look for the Cellar Prayer Station Flag.
Early response listening service
The early response listening service is for troubled young people and under the Cellar banner but with collaboration with DEF, TTT and 14-18 group. It is to give young people who are distressed to have a sympathetic ear and to find a pathway for the future. A young person would be seen with either a parent or friend with two from our team (Cellar and the others).