- Providing a safe place for social inclusion and friendship thereby having a regular Cellar ‘family’.
- Giving special affection and concern for those with a handicap or special needs.
- Offering practical help and support for the mentally ill.
- Befriending the lonely.
- Social outreach in the community
- Being a referral point from local GPs for those in circumstantial crisis or acute distress.
The upstairs room in The Cellar is a quiet place that can be used for discussion, mediation, meetings, prayer and private thought.
This room is also available free of charge for affordable counselling or small group meetings by arrangement,
We have an Art Group which meets regularly at The Cellar. Members also have the opportunity to attend Watts gallery in Compton for workshops, and their work is displayed in the annual Big Issues exhibition.
On Saturdays there is often music outside in the courtyard for all to enjoy.